Udo Udoma to Lead Special Joint Task Force on Accelerating Petroleum Industry Bill
The Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources has issued a press release concerning the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB). It states that the Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Madueke has set up a Special PIB Task Force to work alongside the Ministry of Petroleum in order to fast-track the passage of the controversial bill.
According to the Press release, the members of the Special PIB Task Force are:
- Senator Udo Udoma (Chairman)
- Senator Tunde Ogbeha
- Senator Lawan Shuaibu
- Honourable Chibudom Nwuche
- Honourable Abdullahi Gumel
- Honourable Habeeb Fashinro
- Mr. Peter Esele (TUC President)
- Legal Adviser, FMPR (Secretary)
The task force is to be inaugurated on Thursday, January 19th at 10am at the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.