Business Writer Required
The Businessnews.com.ng website presents information covering business headlines, real-time business news on Nigeria, daily news and analysis reports, RSS, financial market information, country news, videos, audios, blogs of experts in business and various other fields.
You’ll be writing daily news, weekly features and other copy for our business news site. We’ll expect you to contribute to editorial ideas as well as build contacts and attend events in the business world.
If you want to work among talented, motivated people, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV, telling us in no more than 150 words why you think you have what we’re looking for. Please provide salary expectations. Closing date 11 July 2011.
1. Sourcing daily news leads and creating daily news stories for the BusinessNews websites.
2. Writing other copy for the BusinessNews as requested.
3. Writing and interviewing for client projects as requested.
4. Contributing to editorial ideas and schedules for all projects as requested.
5. Attending business events as a reporter representing BusinessNews
- Proven news and features writing ability in a high-pressure environment
- Experience of writing for the web
- Ability to interpret a brief quickly and produce articles swiftly and accurately
- Research and interviewing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Initiative, enthusiasm, a ‘get it done’ attitude.
Useful skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of Nigeria business sector
- Graduate qualification in journalism or related field.
- Writing or journalism experience